It struck me that this strong and decisive move is similar to the Liberal plan to deal with many other issues. Let's recap:
- Health: The Liberals have introduced a health tax; number of Ontarians without a family doctor continues to rise. Access to health care for rural residents in particular is getting worse and worse. Net Liberal action: None.
- Education: The Liberals have bought off the teachers unions and given school boards the extra money for the cave-in. Net extra money for things that actually matter, like books, for example: None. No matter. With falling standards in Ontario schools, fewer people will be reading anyway. Net Liberal action: None.
- Electricity: The Liberal plan: Close coal fired power stations. Net Liberal action: None.
- Caledonia: Criminals take over private property, commit assaults, vandalism, intimidation, etc. Net Liberal action: None.
- that's enough Liberal inaction - Ed.
If they plan on keeping up this record, the next Ontario edition of the Red Book will be pretty thin.