- On Monday, Ottawa Police announce they will investigate the OPP's (non) actions in Caledonia.
- At the same time, Ottawa Police Chief Vince Bevan resigns.
- On Tuesday Justice David Marshall orders what passes for a police force and a government in Ontario to once again explain why they are ignoring his court's orders and not even attempting to enforce the law in Caledonia.
- On Friday OPP Commissioner Gwen Boniface resigns, and plans to emigrate to Ireland.
- The same Gwen Boniface was silent for months in the face of criticism of her force, then came up with a weak and ineffective defence a few weeks' back. Insiders say the 'restraint' exercised by OPP in Caledonia was as a result of orders from top brass, including Boniface.
No wonder she didn't give a monkey's testicle what was happening in Caledonia. She already knew it would be Somebody Else's Problem.
More, including idiotic comments from idiotic Community Safety Minister Monte "Twinkie" Kwinter, here: http://hallsofmacadamia.blogspot.com/2006/07/boniface-bails.html